Monday, December 8, 2008

Last day of work at MSFT

I dropped in to the office for a few hours today. I was hoping that last Wednesday would have been the last day, but I needed to wrap up a few odds and ends. It's a little strange to be finishing at MSFT after 8.5 years. Cleaning out my office was a trip down memory lane, I'd been lugging a bunch of old paperwork around for years and had to clean it all out. Documentation plans from Sep 2000, specs for features/products that never went any where, "moral" gifts (how many clocks and thermometers does a person need), etc... It's been a great time here at MSFT. Working with motivated intelligent people who really get excited about technology has been awesome, playing with multi-billion dollar toys has been a blast. I won't miss the late nights and firedrills, though, and too bad the stock options never really panned out. I'm enjoying my time off before I head to NH and then Russia. Loafing on the couch in my underwear at 11am on a weekday, reading comics, and drinking beer is quite nice. A guy could get used to that. I've still got quite a few things to do in the next week and a half. Anyone want to buy my car?

No comments: