Monday, January 26, 2009

Milk comes in bags?




Another aspect of Russian life that has proven to be a little tricky for the unprepared... milk often comes in plastic bags. This is fine, if you have a pitcher handy. If you don't, well, it can be awkward... Unless you're planning to use all .75 litres at once. Milk also comes in small box cartons, but not every store carries the box cartons. I'm learning that you need to learn which stores carry what products. The small magazines don't have a large selection and each one carries a different range of products. I have since bought a pitcher for the milk, but it took me a week and a half to find a store that sold pitchers. The second picture shows my temporary solution to my milk-in-a-bag problem

1 comment:

Marcia said...

that makes me laugh...and reminds me of Asia. Mike comes in bags... but usually in individual serving size, and you just drink it out of the bag with a straw! Is there also yogurt in a bag? Fun post. :)