Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stone Age Technology


Sergei and I were working on the house Wednesday afternoon when Pasha came by with something he wanted to show me. It was an old, removable hard disk. Very old, made in the 70s, maybe. Maybe it holds some cold-war secrets. It was made in Buglaria, has 12 sectors, and stores 700 kb I was told. The plastic flip handle was a nice feature. Pasha took the thing apart later, he says he's going to use the disk to make a TV antenna. I'm not sure how that's going to work, but Russians are nothing if not resourceful.

1 comment:

Jenai Rothnie said...

0.o suddenly I appreciate the small size of usb flash drives and sd cards even more. And this was only ~40 years ago? Sometimes I forget that computers and their hardware are pretty recent, at least in the portable desktop variety ^.^