Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Waiting on my visa application...

I finally got my visa application submitted Monday afternoon. In order to get a Russian visa you need an official Letter of Invitation (LOI) from a company or organization registered with the Russian government. Previously, I'd obtained LOIs from a travel agency (for a hefty fee). This time around, I was able to get a LOI from a missions agency in Russia for a much better price. Unfortunately, it took a lot longer than I'd anticipated for the LOI to be ready. I got a scanned image of the LOI in my email Monday morning, so I filled out the application and took it down to the Russian consulate downtown. Fortunately, they accepted the printout of the LOI and didn't require the original LOI (which would have to be mailed from Russia). I was starting to get nervous about the LOI, if it had arrived a day later I might have had to reschedule my flights back to Russia. Tomorrow at 2 pm I return to the consulate and find out whether I have a visa or whether the application was rejected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost all of the Russian Consulates in the world accepts a photocopy of LOI, so you do not need to be worry about it.
If they accept the docs you will get your visa soon.
Alexey Che

Unknown said...

Visa pour la Russie:voucher touristique, l’invitation affaires, assurance, appartements à louer.mais votre temps est trop précieux pour le perdre dans les longues files d’attentes pour préparer le.visa russe