Wednesday, May 13, 2009

English Club and Softball

This weekend I'm finally starting the English Club at the church. I'm excited and a little nervous. I'm not sure how many people are going to show up, but there has been a lot of interest at church. There will likely be people of all skill levels and a wide range in age, also. It will be a challenge to come up with activities that will be interesting and helpful to everyone. Roman and I will also be starting our softball club this Friday evening. Earlier this week we drove around the city and picked out a field at one of the elementary schools. The field is surrounded by several large apartment buildings and was pretty busy when we drove by earlier. Softball club should be a good way for the church to interact with people in the city. A big thanks to the people at Crossroads Bible Church who donated the balls and gloves. We'll see how things go, I'll keep you informed.

No comments: