Saturday, May 30, 2009

English Club


English Club is up and running at the church and we will be meeting Saturday evenings. We've had 2 meetings so far, with our third this evening. We had 7 students the first night and 9 the second. We might get a few more people tonight, since many people from church were at a conference in Moscow last week. The first lesson was centered around fishing and used Luke 5 as the reading passage (fishing with Jesus). The second lesson centered around travel and used Genesis 45,46 for the reading (traveling with Jacob). Tonight, we will have a grammar lesson (don't tell my students :) ). So far, we have only had people from church. I hope that people from outside church will start to attend. I've invited a couple people, we'll see if they come. I'm really glad I got a TESL certificate last summer, that course has been very helpful. I feel like I actually have a clue what I'm doing :) So far so good, we'll see how many people show up tonight.

No comments: