Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Trip to McDonald's


Last week, John and Naomi were planning a trip to the mall in Krasnodar and invited Marcia and myself along. It can be very difficult finding western food or quality products outside of Moscow. The mall in Krasnodar has an Ikea, a large grocery store, several electronics stores, and a McDonald's. It's a 3 hour drive, so you'd better make a day of it. The Musgraves had some specific things at Ikea that they wanted, I just wanted a hamburger. It's been months since I had a real burger. Cabbage and potatoes are nice, but they're not burgers. The drive to and from Krasnodar went smoothly, we weren't stopped by the police. The mall was OK, it had a little air conditioning. I got a Big Tasty and McChicken burger for lunch. Yum. In the states, I hardly ever go to McDonald's, but it's great here. The menu is very similar to the American menu. It's kinda funny reading the menu items in Russian. I scored some tortilla chips at the grocery store and a lot of drinking water, also. I got some cheap movies, also. I got shafted on the Wolverine movie, though. The box clearly said it had English language, but the disc only had Russian language. It was fun watching Wolverine in Russian, but I missed most of the dialog. We stopped at a roadside market on the way back. Marcia had fun taking pictures. It was a good day.

No comments: