Wednesday, February 18, 2009

LAN Party!


Pastor Victor asked me to organize a "Cyber Club" (that's LAN party, to you gringos) at church. So I did, last Saturday night. I made the announcement in church the previous Sunday and Victor translated for the congregation. During the week I gathered some games (Counter Strike and Battlefield 1942) and made arrangements to borrow Victors wireless hub. Come Saturday, Victor and I went to the store and bought some sausage, bread, and cookies. Victor made me order the sausage from the deli, in Russian. Victor says he can tell I'm not Russian because I always say "please" and "thank you." Cyber Club was a big success and a lot of fun. We had 12 people show up, including 4 grrlz from church. They weren't really gamers, but it looked like they had fun, also. We wrapped things up a little after 10 pm, cleaned up the church, and went home. Good times. Next time Anton, Pasha, and Evgeny don't get to be on the same team.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'll bet it's comforting to discover those things that transcend language and culture: the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and Counter-Strike.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time out there. Have you managed to steer clear of the rabies so far? :)